Shortly after the turn of the century building speculators had placed an ensemble of eight yards between Sophienstraße and Rosenthalerstraße. In 1995, after years of renovation, the first scaffolding was removed and brought a priceless jewel to light. The first developer Kurt Berndt had the entire facility fitted out with a conventional stucco facade. but for the design of the ballrooms and the first courtyard, the avant-garde August Endell (1871 - 1925) was hired. He transformed the court into a jewel of the secessionist.
After all, it is the largest integrated residential and commercial complex in Europe. Today the Hackeschen Höfe have established theirself into a good mix of pubs, cinemas, galleries, variety shows and boutiques. The adjacent Sophienstraße with her craft and retailing tradition is one of the most beautiful streets of Berlin.
Rosenthaler Str 40/41
S-Bahn station Hackescher Markt: S5, S7, S75, S9